CHECK these quotes regarding biblical discipleship:
1. “I’ll take care of me, and you take care of you, and will get along better that way.” Independent Spirit.
2. “As long as your belief is correct, I don’t care how you behave.” Antinomianism.
3. “As long as you are sincere.” (Ignorantia Legis Neminem Excusat) Ignorance.
4. “Not now. I am not ready, yet.” Fear.
5. “What’s good for you might not be good for me.” Relativism.
6. “Been there, done that.” Arrived.
7. “Jesus makes no demands on me.” (Since Jesus is either dead or just a baby) Religiosity, Philippine-Version.
8. “Whatever feels good, do it.” Hedonism.
9. “I like your Christ, but I don’t like your Christians.” Burned.
10. “No one’s qualified enough to disciple me.” Pride.
If you have additional suggestions, they would be greatly welcomed.
“Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.” #Deut 25. O.T. “oxen” = N.T. “pastors” 1Cor9.9, 1Tim5.17-18. AMAZING.
“As part of your equipment have something to dig with” #Deut 23. God is interested in the DETAILS of our lives.
“Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak you wear.” #Deut 22. NOTE TO SELF: As His ppl, we are SET APART for God.
“anyone who is hung on a pole is under God’s curse” #Deut 21.Thank God that CHRIST was hung on a tree & has become a CURSE for us .
“When u go to war against ur enemies…do not be afraid of them, bec the LORD ur God will be with u.” #Deut 20. God fights for His people.
“I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers” #Deut 18. The Prophet here is no other than JESUS CHRIST!
“he is to read it…so that he may learn to revere the LORD” #Deut 17. FOR LEADERS: The higher the position, the greater the responsibility.